This Fence Post Real Wood Fish Large Wall Sculpture is a one-of-a-kind sculpture handcrafted from a rich piece of rugged American history. This fish wall art makes a striking accent as well as a fascinating conversation piece for your home or office. 2 holes on the back allow for hanging vertically or horizontally.
This is NOT a plastic reproduction.
- Because every fence post has its own past told in its grain, color, and shape, each fence post fish is also completely unique in size, shape, and color
- Over 100 years ago, homesteaders along the Rocky Mountains staked out new land by planting juniper (cedar) fence posts around their property strung with barbed wire to contain cattle
- Invented by woodworker Wayne Murray and perfected by former liturgical sculptor Tim Bergren, each Fence Post Wood Fish is created from a genuine, juniper fence post recycled from early American West ranches
- Part historical artifact, part original work of art, a portion of each fish remains unfinished to reveal the quality, history, and texture of the original wood post set against the smooth, polished wood of the sculptural portion
- The juniper fence post wood (cedar) is naturally insect-repellent and weather-resistant
- Pieces vary in color from deep red wood to honey-gold and blonde
- Measurements: Small measures approximately 16-18 inches
View ALL of our FISH GIFTS & FISH PRODUCTS