This stunning Gecko Baby Sculpture by artist Jon Anderson captures the eye and fires the imagination with its multi-hued patterns and brilliantly colored miniature polymer clay tiles. Each piece is created entirely by hand, making every Gecko Baby Sculpture slightly different - no two are exactly alike. Pair it with the FimoCreations Gecko Mama Sculpture to create your own evocative natural tableau, or give it as a very special and truly original gift for a nature-loving friend or family member.
Each one-of-a-kind, made in Bali, Indonesia, Jon Anderson Fimo Creations polymer clay sculpture comes in a gift box made with recycled paper.
- No two FimoCreations figurine are alike.
- Every piece boasts its own array of colors and shapes.
- Classical Moorish motifs, Native American spirits, Celtic themes, and ancient petroglyphs appear in his work.
- Using a polymer or non-terrestrial clay, Jon blends colors to create a striking variety of magnificent hues.
- "Canes" of colored clay are then laid out to form the shape he envisions, then cut into tiny individual tiles.
- Each sculpture is crafted from hundreds of these tiles, applied in a range of patterns to an interior form of hand-carved wood or leftover clay.
- Completed sculptures are repeatedly fired and cooled, sometimes creating tiny fissures or "crazing" that further distinguishes each piece.
- When the firing process is complete, each piece is hand-finished for a brilliant satin appearance.