This Fimo Grizzly Bear Mama by artist Jon Anderson captures the nurturing essence of the mighty bear in an intricate wildlife figurine. Handcrafted., this grizzly bear sculpture is one-of-a-kind, created by layering hundreds of tiny polymer clay tiles into a unique, multicolored pattern. No two Fimo sculptures are completely alike. Regarded as the most sacred of all animal totems, the grizzly bear is the the Spirit Keeper of the West as well as a symbol of bravery and maturity. Hunted to almost extinction, the great grizzly bear is making a comeback in North America and continues to reign proud. The Fimo Grizzly Bear Mama makes a stunning statement piece alone, or can be collected as part of the Fimo Grizzly Bear Family by Jon Anderson.
Each one-of-a-kind, made in Bali, Indonesia, Jon Anderson Fimo Creations polymer clay sculpture comes in a gift box made with recycled paper.
- No two FimoCreations figurine are alike.
- Every piece boasts its own array of colors and shapes.
- Classical Moorish motifs, Native American spirits, Celtic themes, and ancient petroglyphs appear in his work.
- Using a polymer or non-terrestrial clay, Jon blends colors to create a striking variety of magnificent hues.
- "Canes" of colored clay are then laid out to form the shape he envisions, then cut into tiny individual tiles.
- Each sculpture is crafted from hundreds of these tiles, applied in a range of patterns to an interior form of hand-carved wood or leftover clay.
- Completed sculptures are repeatedly fired and cooled, sometimes creating tiny fissures or "crazing" that further distinguishes each piece.
- When the firing process is complete, each piece is hand-finished for a brilliant satin appearance.
View ALL of our BEAR GIFTS & BEAR PRODUCTS