Our Calla Lily Crystal Bowl by Evergreen Crystal is a functional work of art. You will find many uses for this elegant bowl, or you might simply want to display it in your curio cabinet or on a foyer table. Master carver Lorraine Coyle sketches the Calla Lily design and then etches each piece by hand using the delicate and painstaking process of crystal sand-carving. This Calla Lily Crystal Bowl would be the perfect house warming gift for a friend who enjoys the beauty of nature and appreciates quality workmanship.
About Evergreen Crystal
- EVERGREEN CRYSTAL is created through a labor-intensive process that begins with the artist, Lorraine (Lori) Coyle sketching each design by hand.
- Each EVERGREEN CRYSTAL vessel is individually hand carved by sand expelled with varying speeds and pressures, one layer at a time. A final layer is applied to each piece as delicately and finely as air brushed artwork.
- The multi-layered carving reaches a level of depth that accounts for its 3-dimensional detail.
- This deliberate, lengthy process of multi-layering is unique among producers of crystal artwork.
- In 1989, Lori received a call from The White House needing a number of vases in a mere week featuring a flag design unfurling in a field of stars. This piece became the 1989 American Success Awards, presented to notable Americans including George Strait and Norma Kamali.
- The White House commission led to other noteworthy projects for the likes of the National Press Foundation awards (given to Ed Bradley, Barbara Walters and Ann Landers), Rose Bowl trophies, Exxon corporate awards, The Phoenix Golf Open, and the 1984 Olympic sponsor prize awards.